1. The Woman is working a lot on Thursdays which means I have to be up and about the house taking care of things while she is gone and I don’t have time to properly check out all my visitors and comment on their blogs.
2. I’ve done this for 13 weeks now and it’s getting a little routine. While I’m a cat and I love routine, routines should always include naps and TT should NEVER include a nap!
3. I’ve got to concentrate on traffic to the main website through the holidays, so that people can get my recommendations for gifts.
4. I’m lobbying the congress to get felines the right to vote and that takes up a lot of time.
5. Turkey has triptophan and you know how sleepy you can get after ingesting a lot of that. Really, I know that the humans think I *won’t* get a lot of that, but well, I’m a Siamese.
6. The holidays are coming and I have to be cute for company way too often.
7. It’s cold in the room where I have to type up the Thursday Thirteen.
8. Kukka-Maria is funnier than I am. While I have to keep my nose clean and can’t go our partying the way she does and I don’t hobnob with the stars, still, you’d think that I could come up with the occasional joke.
9. I’m a great believer in leaving people wanting more, rather than getting tired of me. Although for those die hards, I will still be blogging in general.
10. The human male is threatening to take over my Thursday Thirteen and type up 13 ways I resemble a pig. If he wants to do this, he’ll need to get his own blog.
11. Thursday Thirteen is getting so large, that I’m sure they’ll be scandals soon and well, as a future presidential candidate, I need to keep my nose clean.
12. I’ve changed my mind about doing Thursday Thirteen and well I’m cat. I’m allowed. As soon as I’ve made up mind not to, for sure, you know I’ll be back. For those who disbelieve, remember a cat at a door…
13. This is the thirteenth Thursday Thirteen and I figured that was a good number to break on.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. Mama Duck 2. Sally 3. Candy Minx 4. Suki 5. Amy 6. Caylynn 7. Darla 8. Susan Helene Gottfried 9. Carmen 10. Sadie 11. Sparky 12. Daphne 13. Kukka Maria 14. Jenny Ryan 15. Skeezix 16. Domestic Goddess 17. Christina 18. tigerprr 19. she (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Mama Duck says
Ah yes, we have times that we take breaks, in fact I don’t think we did a TT last week either. Breaks are good. Enjoy!
Cute 13. We’ll miss you.
Candy Minx says
Everybody needs a break now and then!
Been fun getting to know you
just for the heck of it, here is my TT list, Week #15…
While your presence will definitely be missed because some of us notice these things, those are absolutely wonderful reasons. 😉 AND it’s better than just disappearing from the list entirely!
Have a nice break..We will miss you
Sorry to hear you’ll be taking a break from Thursday Thirteen, but I understand why. Those are all very good reasons for taking a break. You will be missed, Chey, and I look forward to your return.
I completely understand–especially all the demands on you to be cute for the holidays. And you’ve been typing up these TTs (with paws, no less!) in a cold room for thirteen weeks? That’s going above and beyond.
Susan Helene Gottfried says
Hope it’s only a break and not a permanent thing!
wahhhh! i’ll miss reading your lists. 🙂
I’m a die hard!! Please do keep blogging because I love your whitty comments and I’m seriously thinking of joining your campaign for President. Do you think you could use me for anything?
I understand, Chey, though I will miss you! It is hard for me to keep it up, too. Very difficult to come up with new list ideas. Come back soon!
There is another Meezer website that im missing, oh my god!
Well, I for one hope that even if you take a little holiday breakie from TT, that you come back after the ho ho holidays!
My TT is up (with a link to YOU) at
Purrchance To Dream
Meow for now ~ Daphne
Domestic Goddess says
Well, we can’t all be Kukka now can we.
As Eeyore says:
We can’t all, and some of us don’t. That’s all there is to it.”
Oh, Chey! I hate to think my sorry attempt at humor is a reason for you to stop! I think a break is well-deserved (especially with your pro-feline-voting agenda), but please do not give it up completely!
We need the intelligent and driven feline voice represented with TTs!
Jenny Ryan says
Sounds like the human male needs to WATCH himself! Enjoy your break.
Skeezix the Cat says
My 8th TT is heer:
I look forward to seeing yer TTs agin after yer brake!
Those are all perfectly reasonable reasons!
I’m sorry to hear that you will be leaving us but I understand that you have a lot of important stuff going on. Good luck with your lobbying 🙂
I’m sorry to hear about your break but I’m still going to visit!
Hope to see you TT’ing again in future. Perhaps you could hold off on publishing your Christmas list until after I hide the laptop from my Blue Point Siamese and Burmese girls?
I hope to see you again after you take your break from TT. Enjoy the holidays!!